Lodge 660 History

Facebooktwitterpinterestmail

In 1933 Lodge #660 was first chartered representing the Machinist at Shell Oil. Later trade Machinist working at other locations were taken in to Lodge 660. The next big gain of Machinists membership came in 1944 when Olin was organized. At that time 3 new Local Lodges were chartered – (#1654, Production Workers) – ( #1632, Brass Mill) -(#1655, Casting Plant) – and (#660 represented the Machine Shop).

In 1949 these 4 Local Lodges and Lodge# 1252 which represented the Auto Mechanics in this area, pooled their resources and contracted to build the Machinist Center on Shamrock Ave, East Alton Ill. This provided a central location to collect dues and a place to keep some of the financial records of the five Local Lodges.

In August 1959 the Grand Lodge merged four of the Local Lodges into the Lodge #660. Lodge #1252 was later merged with other Automotive Lodges into Lodge #313, Granite City

Counting our retirees, Lodge 660 has 4,756 members. Today Local Lodge #660 represents members at 16 different companies:

ALTON MACHINE WORKS – ALTON
AMSTED RAIL – GRANITE CITY
BEALL MANUFACTURING, INC – EAST ALTON
PHILLIPS 66 CO. – WOOD RIVER
PHILLIPS 66 LUBE – HARTFORD
EATON-B-LINE – HIGHLAND & TROY
DOOLING MACHINE PRODUCTS, INC – HARTFORD
DUGAN TOOL & DIE, INC – COTTAGE HILLS
GEBCO MACHINE, INC – GRANITE CITY
GLOBAL BRASS – EAST ALTON
IMPERIAL MANUFACTURING – ALTON
INDUSTRIAL MACHINE SALES – ALTON
LENHARDT TOOL & DIE – ALTON
OLIN CORPORATION – EAST ALTON
SOUTH SIDE MACHINE – ST. LOUIS

ROTARY RAM, INC – GODFREY

Permanent link to this article: http://iamll660.com/lodge-660-history/